2018 in Books

In 2018 I read a total of 7,647 pages across 33 books. As usual, it was a mixture of children's, young adult, biography and science fiction writers. While I fell short of my reading goal of 36 books, I plan to keep the same goal for next year. Three books a month can be challenging but I also want to increase the average size of books I read. 


I think my favorite book all year was Geekerella. This charming twist on the popular fairy tale was both heartfelt and engaging. You can read my review at biddlebytes.blogspot.com/2018/02/book-review-geekerella.html

In 2018 the average book length was 231 pages. Not bad considering I did read a several children's books and graphic novels. I may also try a few ebooks or digital downloads. Our library is making more books available through a digital format and though I prefer the tactile joy of holding a hefty book, it could allow me to knock more books off my "to read" shelf.

For the full listing of my 2018 books read, please visit Goodreads.
To read my book reviews, search through my labeled posts.

Comments

Popular Posts