Poster Throwback: The Sound of Music

Poster for a high school production of The Sound of Music
Throwback to one if my favorite theater poster photoshops: The Sound of Music. It's hard to believe this production was ten years ago!

To get the shot of Maria with the correct angle, we went out to the playground and I climbed onto a picnic table. She then kept spinning in circles while I took several rapid fire action shots. Eventually we got a few shots with arms, hair, face and skirt all pointing in the right direction.

I then cut out the background being careful to keep the shadow then layered the image on top of the background. Actually the background is several layers - yellow flowers, tree line and mountain tops. Each layer is intentionally positioned for the show title and to draw your eye to the bottom of the poster. 

The original included show times and ticket prices but I cropped them out. I did make one small mistake in cutting out one of the layers. If you find it, let me know in the comments. 

Comments

Popular Posts