View Big Trip Out West in a larger map
We're starting to talk about taking a big trip to see the West before the kids get too surly (as teenagers) and here's a preliminary route. I'd like to stay a couple days at the major stops and not feel rushed in between. Please weigh in with any suggestions of sites to see or places to visit.
Here are the major stopping spots:
- Start at the Gateway to the West (St. Louis Arch) and roughly follow Lewis and Clark's route to the north.
- Visit family in Omaha, Nebraska
- Yellowstone National Park, WY - need to spend a couple days here
- Mt. Rainier National Park, WA
- Visit family in Bakersfield, CA
- Grand Canyon North Rim Lodge, Arizona
- Visit friends in Colorado Springs, Colorado