A Larger Audience

I love it when school activities spill outside the classroom. Students often work for an audience of one: the teacher. As if my opinion was the only one that mattered, NOT.

Sometimes I can get parents involved but that usually develops through their focus on grades or GPA, which ties into scholarship money. But when a student can share their opinion with the world in a clear and meaningful way; when they can contribute to a global discussion, that is exciting!

So with that in mind I've asked most of my classes to write a media review this quarter. The caveat is that the review must be publicly posted and they share the link back with me. They aren't due for another couple weeks but some of the more enterprising ones have already completed the assignment.

"Jane Eyre" Movie Review
"A Christmas Carol" Theatrical Performance Review
"On The Road With The Archangel" Book Review

Comments

Popular Posts