My Philosophy of Education

Every parent should sit down and write out their philosophy of education. It's not enough to value education, there needs to be a purpose and a method.

Once the idea is committed to words, it becomes a framework for educational decisions. Here's my personal philosophy of education, primarily as it applies to my own children, but by extension to how I train others.

"As declared by The Westminster Shorter Catechism, man’s chief end is to glorify God. Everything we do becomes an act of worship (1 Cor 10:31), including education. Man seeks to know God better through the exploration and understanding of his creation. The pursuit of knowledge and truth is actually the pursuit of holiness. Everything I teach should ultimately direct students back to God’s character."

Photo Pen en papier used with permission from Flickr Commons.

Popular Posts