- Explore the spatial relationship between locations such as timelines of the American Civil War or westward migration.
- Emphasize geographic features and transportation systems such as route choices around waterfalls or mountains.
- Catalog historically important landmarks and compare architectural styles.
- Measure the impact of climate conditions on habitats or how humanity impacts the environment.
- Place news events in their geographic locations.
- Create a virtual field trip or vacation plan, listing places of interest near a specific location.
- Use the Knowledge Cards to begin a research project.
Schools with older equipment or limited local memory will appreciate that there is nothing to install. Google Earth is not yet available for iPad, those users will still need to install the older app.