The Westing Game

This is a great book for introducing middle school readers to the Cluedo type of mystery book. The plot is thin but filled with interesting characters who are all trying to win an inheritance.

Clues are constantly being introduced or referenced but it isn't until the conclusion that everything falls into place. At times I was lost as to who was speaking or where a chapter's setting was located.

I had never read this book before but my kids remember reading it in school. Throughout the first third of the book I kept thinking it would make a great play. Then I learned that there is a Dramatic Publishing play based on the book which helped me focus on reading it instead of always trying to figure out how I would stage it.

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts