The Princess and the Fangirl

The Princess and the Fangirl I enjoyed Geekerella so much that I wanted to like this one too, but after struggling through the first two days of the Con I'm calling it quits. There is way too much internal drama and not enough plot momentum.

I'm not a fan of the opposing perspectives changing every chapter but it worked in the first book where the characters were so different. But with nearly identical girls trying to live each others life, it was hard to be drawn to either of them.

While Geekerella was all about romance and the pitfalls of miscommunication, The Princess and the Fangirl is often more about confused teenage lust and usually towards the same gender. I felt like Ashley Poston didn't have a compelling story and so she filled the pages with sensational sexuality simply for the shock value.

And while the initial geeky references and Con situations were fun in Geekerella, they turned sour and overused in this second attempt. I hope everything turns out well for the princess Jessica and fangirl Imogen but I don't feel the need to stick around to find out.

The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts