Downtime Procedures

Coming out of a health care background, we always had downtime procedures to follow in the event that the network went down. I enacted mine today.
The Computer Applications class has a whopping 30 boys in one lab but I only had 28 PC's, including the teacher's presentation one. So during prep period I moved two PC's down from another lab and set them up. Apparently it was the straw that broke the camel's back. About five minutes into class the entire room went out; every PC screen went black.
Having fiddled with another teacher's computer that died during a power surge the previous year, I knew that all the computers were on the same circuit and suspected that we'd just blown it. Since it was going to take maintenance a few minutes to find the problem and turn the power back on, I took the class down to the food court for study hall the rest of the hour.
It will probably be a few days/weeks before the circuit load is rectified so it looks like I'm back to rationing time online.

Comments

Popular Posts