First Day Distractions

Sometimes it's tough for me to stay focused. I often get distracted or obsess over a trivial detail, even to the point of missing something really important.

Today is the first day of school and our washing machine won't drain. No big deal. We all have clean clothes for today. But it's driving me nuts. What do you do to regain focus or control when your thoughts are yanked away from the classroom? Deep breaths? Think happy place? I just need to get back into the groove of school.

Update: After draining all the water and pulling enough electrical parts to realize I wouldn't be getting a replacement locally, I called Whirlpool. After waiting about 30 minutes on hold I finally talked to a customer service agent who very pleasantly updated our information (we had moved since purchasing the washer in 2001) and arranged for a technician to come out. 

The only problem was that all their openings were during the day and it just wouldn't do to take time off the first week of school. So we'll be hoofing it to the laundry mat until the weekend, or maybe longer if the parts aren't readily available.

Comments

Popular Posts