A New Look

During the last couple days of school, I decided to rearrange the computer (again). Basically the rectangular room went from a long room to a wide room by moving my desk from the short end to the middle of the long side.
To prevent students from feeling alienated across the wider expanse, I grouped the computer tables to the left side. The right side is designed for group meetings with a projector connection for student laptops, whiteboards and cabinets.
Of course any physical redesign must be tied to the way the class works or else it's doomed to fail. With the addition of a group meeting space I plan to make more use of cloud collaboration. More of class time would focus on the organization and decision making with personal time being dedicated to carrying out those plans. I also plan to use the space for student presentations.
Essentially, every business uses the concept of a board room, staff meetings, and planning sessions. I want to incorporate those processes into the business classes.

Comments

Popular Posts