The Essential Question

While mapping curriculum for accreditation, I need to list the essential questions for each unit. Now it's not uncommon for students to ask me why they have to complete a particular task, especially if they do not see the relationship between the task and what they perceive they should be learning.

So that got me thinking, why not post the essential questions around the room? I use a word wall to keep key words visible as students learn them. Perhaps a collection of guiding questions would help too?

Of course this leads into even more work as I could change different bulletin board displays to reflect each unit. Initially I plan to start with a PowerPoint slide that opens each class period. The slide will include the class name, the essential question, and an ordered list of tasks to be accomplished for the day.

Comments

Popular Posts