Comic Book Cover

This morning I created a cover for my collection of infographics: Super Teacher How-Toons, A Visual Guide for Integrating Technology in the Classroom.

The teachers seem to respond better to illustrated instructions. I smile whenever I see they have printed and posted one of my graphics next to their computer. New concepts seem less daunting when explained by clip art characters.

I've been making the illustrations in Google slides then exporting them out as jpeg images. Google slides gives me the freedom to float and layer graphics just like Google Drawings with the added benefit of sequencing or reordering pages.

The graphics come from Google's Creative Commons search. I also layer shapes, WordArt and text boxes to create the effects. It's been two years since I worked with a yearbook staff, so this has become a way for me to keep practicing my publication graphic design skills.

Comments

Popular Posts