During the opening night performance, a mom with her toddler arrived just as I was closing the doors and the show was beginning. The little boy was scared and didn't want to go into a dark, crowded room. Instead, they crept up the back steps and sat at the top of the stairs to the weight room, where we run lights.
Later I mentioned to them that these are one of the best seats in the house, second only to sitting right behind the curtain. Both mom and toddler appeared to have thoroughly enjoyed the show from their unique perspective, but I think the mom was thankful that the unique seating held her son's interest.
Popular posts from the past week:
- It's A Hard Knock Life - Production week is full of ups and downs, especially when hanging lights! This post invited readers to the performances.
- Bringing Ideas To Life - One of the joys of planning is seeing ideas take on life. This post compares Annie set design concept drawings to actual performance sets with lighting.
- AWANA Grand Prix Time! - Instagram photo announcing sales of these pinewood derby cars.
- Drumroll Please - Instagram photo of my daughter playing percussion for Annie.
- Jamaica Bulletin Board - One of my most popular posts. In 2011 the yearbook class put together a bulletin board to encourage the senior class on their senior mission trip to Jamaica.